منتديات جريت بلينز العربية Great Plains For Arab

منتديات جريت بلينز العربية Great Plains For Arab (http://www.gp4arab.com/forum/index.php)
-   English GP Forum (http://www.gp4arab.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   audit GP (http://www.gp4arab.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1181)

hshadid 22-May-2012 04:04 PM

audit GP

Dear all,

I am an ERP consultant, and I am assigned with a task of auditing and implementation for GP.can any one help me find audit programs related to GP?

Regards

Hanan Shadid, CISA

عماد زيد 23-May-2012 11:52 PM

Hello Hinan,

Welcome to our site.
It used to be a utility called " Technical assestment" , it help you to audit the implementation of GP.
Are you talking about information/accounting audit or Security audit ?

I understand you are a CISA certified , so you may need the security only ?

Please specify more detalils and I will try to assist you.

Regards.

عثمان 24-May-2012 08:30 AM

عفوا بس مافهمت سؤالك كويس!

عفوا ما هو نظام المراجعة الذي تريدين تطبيقه؟
أو بمعنى آخر على ماذا تودين عمل auditing هل على الحسابات ؟ أم على المستخدمين ؟ أم على البيانات التي تتغير في البرنامج أم ماذا؟

hshadid 26-May-2012 10:04 AM

Auditing GP

I need to assess the implementation,Security,Users , Integrity of the business processes, the Setup for GL,A/P,A/R& Inventory.
I need also to assure that implemnted business processes are implemnted in the best way that benefit the company.

عماد زيد 27-May-2012 07:17 AM

اقتباس:

المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة hshadid (المشاركة 6916)
I need to assess the implementation,Security,Users , Integrity of the business processes, the Setup for GL,A/P,A/R& Inventory.
I need also to assure that implemnted business processes are implemnted in the best way that benefit the
company.

Hello,

I will highlight few points based on your points above :

1- Security and users : in GP there is very good utility called Advanced security that allows you to review the access rights of all the users in addition to that you can find a lot of reports.

2- Integrity of Business Processes : You should have first a documented business processes from the company then you need to see how they were mapped in GP.

3- Setp of the modules : Go to tools > Setup and check all the modules'setup.

4- To be sure that the business processes are implemented the best way : that is so difficult, because you should have very good experience in GP to judge the implementation especially that each implementer may do the business process in different way.

hshadid 27-May-2012 10:16 AM

Salam Imad,

Thank you for your reply , I have started to reveiw the setup documents to understand GP
I was surprised to find that the implemnters have not documented the implemnted business processes. This really makes the audit harder.

عماد زيد 27-May-2012 02:52 PM

اقتباس:

المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة hshadid (المشاركة 6940)
Salam Imad,

Thank you for your reply , I have started to reveiw the setup documents to understand GP
I was surprised to find that the implemnters have not documented the implemnted business processes. This really makes the audit harder.

Unfortunately that is so common in GP/ERP implementation , we can't always blame the impelmenter because some customers don't agree to pay extra consulting hours for documentation.

hshadid 29-May-2012 02:02 PM

Salam

how to prevent the users from modifying the GL distribution?

to able to use multicurrency module should the customer buy the multicurrency module ? .

Monzer Osama 29-May-2012 02:39 PM

اقتباس:

المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة hshadid (المشاركة 6976)
Salam

how to prevent the users from modifying the GL distribution?

Witch GP Version you have?
You should use security window to prevent users or Class of users from modifying the GL distribution.
In GP 10.0 go to:
Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> User Security
In GP9.0 go to :
Tools >> Setup >> System >> Security (I’m not sure from his path in GP 9.0)

اقتباس:

المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة hshadid (المشاركة 6976)
Salam

to able to use multicurrency module should the customer buy the multicurrency module ? .

Yes you should have multicurrency module.

جميع الأوقات بتوقيت GMT +3. الساعة الآن 08:40 AM.