المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Maintenance -- How Often Should You Reconcile?

Monzer Osama
29-Aug-2011, 01:06 PM
A full set of reconciliation tasks is included in the Tools menus of Dynamics GP. The most frequent question I get asked is "how often should I run these tasks?" My typical response is "only when you need to!'
Generally the reconcile tasks fix data. For example, there are some rare cases where heavily edited Sales Orders will not total properly. The sum of the extended prices will not be equal to the total shown on the sales order. Running the Reconcile-Remove Sales Documents for the specific order will re-total the transaction and correct the figures.
Inventory Reconciles correct numbers such as quantity allocated and quantity available. The Financial Reconcile process re-totals the account monthly summary records based on the details. If changes are made to fiscal periods, this process will recalculate your financial statements to include just the transactions that fall within the new dates.
For the most part, Reconciles (and their companion maintenance task Check Links) should only be run when there is a problem or when a support person instructs you to do so.