المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Journal Entries accross all modules

sameer1968
25-Mar-2012, 11:27 AM
Good Day to All
I am new subscriber to this enormous yet useful site, (i can read and understand Arabic) It is realy very helpful in all ways. My appreciations to all those and creater of this site, who are sharing informations and helping others. This is really a great thing to do. Thank you.

I have a question about Great Plains, I need to know where and how i can find all kind of Journal entries which are created accross all modules.
For example if we enter an AP transaction, what journal entry will be created and at what stage. That is whether at the time of entering the transaction, or when i post it.

similarly in other modules, like AR, Bank, Project Accounting, Manufacturing, PO, Fixed Assets etc etc.

If anyone can help me on this i realy will appreciate it. if a document is readily available, or available on any site, whatever the source in can get, to know these journal entries.

Secondly, what kind of GL accounts i need to create when handling a project?

Thank you againg guys..... keep doing the nice work....

عماد زيد
25-Mar-2012, 02:55 PM
Dear Sameer,

Welcome to our forum and thanks for joining us.
Regarding your question about the relation between GP modules' transaction.

I will take few examples:

1- You enter an invoice in Receivable module , it will creat a transaction in in this module only, then after posting in RM it will be sent to GL.
2- Fixed Assets : You run the depreciation in the Fixed assets module , then you have to run the GL interface to post this transaction to GL.

GP works by modules ,it allows you easily to plug/un-plug any module.
2- Entering PO will not generate any transaction in GL , but receving this PO will create a Journal entry in GL.
3- SOP modules posts transactions to RM, Inventory and GL.
4- POP ( Receiving and Invoice matching transactions ) posts transactions to PM , Inventory and GL.

I do recommend you to have a look at the online manual from the help menu , they will give you a good understanding of the system.
For more details also you can check the SDK ( comes on the installation CD ).

Best regards.

sameer1968
26-Mar-2012, 01:50 PM
Dear Emad
Thank you for your prompt reply, it was helpful.
I will look into the online help and try to find answer to my question as to what entries are triggered when you post a transaction in AP, AR, Fixed Assets, Projects etc.

Thank you again.